Monday, February 02, 2015

UnBelizeable

When I heard we were going to Belize I imagined white beaches, azure blue water and the warm sun... I was not disappointed when I arrived at Caye Caulker. We arrived at the Belizean island after 5hrs of travel and practically jumped into our bikinis and headed out to soak up the last of the sun.

The next day was snorkeling and sailing. We sailed out to 3 different snorkel spots, and even though its described as the worlds second most beautiful reef it's got nothing on our Great Barrier Reef! We didn't see any coral but were able to swim with stingrays, some evil blind giant turtles (if you get too close they bite!) & some super cute baby green turtles. 

After our snorkeling we put up the sails and slowly made our way back to the shore. It took around 2hrs which left plenty of time to tan, dance to some Caribbean tunes and drink a fair amount of Rum Punch. After getting off the boat it was time to relax and watch the sunset off the pier.

The begining of the most incredible day of my trip began with the best banana pancakes I've ever had in my life. But the next experience... this is the whole reason I went on this crazy 33 day tour... the big blue hole. Special mention to Mim and Puppa as my Christmas present was a flight over the blue hole. It was 1.5hrs long in a 6 seater plane and... wow, it did not disappoint. The hole is so unbelievably big and beautiful and turquoise blue and words do not do it justice. When I first saw it I genuinely had tears in my eyes. For anyone considering going and seeing it, I cannot recommend it enough. It was beyond the highlight of my trip.

I DONT WANT TO LEAVE BELIZE!

- K x

No comments: