Monday, February 09, 2015

Emma and Kate take New York

After my helicopter flight was canceled for the second time Em and I decided to head downtown to Soho for a bit of a shop and a wander.

As you can imagine we shopped more than we wandered. It got to 3pm and we both realised we hadn't eaten all day so ducked out of the cold into a cafe for a sandwich.

After alot more shops (think we covered over 15kms) and a few more hours we ducked into a bar for a drink and some dessert. Then I lugged my bags back uptown and got ready for my helicopter flight in the morning.

Friday morning was beautiful so my flight was on! Thanks to Mum and Brian I spent 19 minutes up in the air flying from battery park all the way up past harlem. I didn't take my phone so will upload camera photos later.

It was by far the coldest day at -14° so I met up with Emma and caught a subway across to Brooklyn. We got some coffee and walked around for a while before heading to the Brooklyn Museum for the Killer Heels exhibition they had running.

Then we went to Herald Square for a bite to eat and to buy some boots. It was Ems last night so she went home early to spend it with her cousin. I headed home via the $1 pizza place on Broadway and had a nice quiet night in.

I'm alone in the city for the weekend so hopefully I'll be able to occupy myself!

- K x

No comments: