Friday, February 06, 2015

Best Day Ever!

So today, somehow, we had the most incredible luck.

I met Maddie and Annalise at my hotel and we set out for our touristy day. After grabbing a coffee and pastry for breakfast we stopped into the Ed Sullivan theatre around the corner from my hotel to try our hand at winning tickets to the Late Show with David Letterman.  We signed up and were told if successful we would be called by 1pm.

We then walked a few blocks to Rockefeller Centre and went up the to the Top of the Rock. No lines, and we got a discount! We spent around an hour looking around then headed back down to assult 5th ave. In Bergdorfs I received a call saying we were successful in getting Letterman tickets and needed to be back on Broadway and 54th by 2.30pm, leaving just enough time to iceskate in central park! I made a little squirrel friend on the way and Maddie and I speng around an hour skating in a circle (I didn't even fall!). Then we grabbed some amazing 99c Pizza and headed to the theatre.

We picked up our tickets and had an hour to kill before taping so went for a walk along 54th and stumbled upon a theatre showing Caberet with Emma Stone and Alan Cummings staring in it. Unfortunately there were no tickers left but there was a cancelations line from 6pm so we could try our luck at that. We headed back to the theatre and were gossiping about who we would most want to see... I of course said Taylor Swift or Blake Lively and by some stroke of luck we got Blake's husband Ryan Reynolds. He was very funny and couldn't stop gushing about Blake and their 6 week baby girl.

After the very long taping we rushed to the Caberet theatre... which turned out to be Studio 54... neither of the girls knew what that was but I think I've seen or read about way too much from the 70s and I got so excited to be standing in such an amazing venue where so many incredible people had been before! We were the second people in line and waited until 7.50pm before speaking about giving up (the show was starting at 8). At 7.59 we were told that there were 4 tickets avaliable and they were $192 each. My limit was $150 and we all just couldn't justify that much so passed on the tickets.... as did everyone else in line. They ended up giving up the tickets away to us for $85!! We went to our seats and we were the 3rd table from the front. I later checked the cost of tickets had we paid full price and they were upwards of $700 each!!

The show was incredible and while Emma Stone was great (and very small and skinny) Alan Cummings stole the show. Words cannot explain how amazing he was. After the show we headed uptown to Serendipity 3 for a dessert of Frozen Hot Chocolate and Apple Pies.

Watch out Mum... I may never come home!

- K x

No comments: