Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Sorry!

Sorry for being awol the last few days. I've been quite sick so any moment I've had to myself I've been sleeping.
Heres a recap of the last week:

Poneloya - On our day in Poneloya we did... not much. Sunbaking on the beach, playing in the water and drinking tropical cocktails. That night we let of about 20 fireworks including blowing up a piñata puppy that we named 'Boom Boom'.

The next day was a massive travel day to El Salvador, 14hrs including 2 boats! For the last 5 hrs Greg and I had a great set up at the back of the bus, my tablet, a headphone splitter, popcorn and a few movies. It made the trip somewhat bearable. We arrived in Suchito El Salvador at around 9pm and were put into rooms of 4 to sleep. Em and I bunked with the 2 other Australian girls Darci and Elyse so it was just like a big slumber party.

We were able to explore the town a bit the next morning before driving 4 hrs to Ataco, El Salvador. This was the height of my illness so after dinner I went straight to bed.

The next day people went off to do waterfall jumping etc but i thought ot best to have a sleep in and take it easy. When the others arrived back I had a late lunch with them and we all went to the hotsprings that afternoon. That evening everyone was buggered so it was just crepes for dinner then bed.

We travelled 6 hrs the next day over 2 boarders to reach Copan, Honduras. This is where some of the 'most important' Myan ruins are which we will go to tomorrow. Everyone went out but I'm still fighting this cold so am going to give it a rest until our last night as a group in Antigua. From then Elyse, Darci, Em and myself leave everyone and continue on through Guatemala and Belize finishing in Mexico!!

Internet is shocking here in Copan so photos to come later!!

- K x

No comments: