Sunday, July 01, 2012

Under the sea

Sorry for being late but the second I got home last night I fell asleep!

Yesterday we did a tour and saw Tulum, a Mayan ruin, it was amazing and the history of the Mayan is so interesting. Fun fact, the area that I'm in now was only developed 40 years ago, before that people still lived the Mayan way!

We then went to a few Cenotes which is kinda like a lagoon. The first one was Xel ha which had a bat cave (the bats were actually really cute) we could snorkel into. Then we went to Akumal which is a turtle beach. We swum with turtles which was really cool, they were huge! Finally we went to Yal Ku which is a giant Cenote where fresh water and sea water meet so there were heaps of little fishies!

Then finally home time, a nap, and a fancy dinner at the italian restraint here. The food at this resort is amazing :)

Anyway better go work on my "tan" (or lack thereof, any bets I'll come back whiter than before!).

- K x

No comments: